Subscribe to Warrior One
We release this episode, the third and final episode of the Kumbhaka Trilogy, on the 1-year anniversary of the event that inspired it. Featuring interviews with Reginald Hubbard ,the Congressional Affairs Liaison and Senior Political Strategist at MoveOn.org , who applies yoga philosophy to his activism. Topics include: George Floyd, karma and Bhakti yoga, pranayama and breathwork, overcoming partisanship, the physics of time, the pandemic, and the Insurrection.
• All About the Psoas
• The Insurrection Blues
• Simulation Song
• The Future is Coming
• Bhakti Got Me Out Of Bed, Karma Got Me On The Train,
• The Future is Wide Open (by V Haddad)
The Kumbhaka Trilogy
Between the inhale and the exhale there is a pause, or retention breath, that the yogi's call, "kumbhaka ."
The first three episodes of the Warrior One Podcast revolve around a yoga training that occurred one year ago the weekend of March 14th, 2020 in Boulder, Colorado. That weekend became the pause between the pre-pandemic world, and the world we live in now.
The training was led by two highly respected western yoga teachers. Episode 1 featured Amy Ippoliti ,an American yoga teacher, author, and earth conservationist. Episode 2 features Manorama , a world-renowned authority on Sanskrit, and a brilliant yoga philosophy teacher.
Reginald Hubbard was a student at the workshop. He is also a 500 hour certified yoga teacher, offering online classes through his Active Peace Yoga platform. In July 2020, Reggie launched a grassroots campaign along with Amy Ippoliti , Jack Kornfeld and Tara Brach called Buddhists and Yogins United, in an effort to inspire teachers and their respective communities to encourage active civic participation in politics and social activism.
• Reginald Hubbard
• Buddhists and Yogins United
• Bhagavad Gita
• Amy Ippoliti
• Faith Hunter
• Jack Kornfeld
• Tara Brach
• Yoga Journal Conference
• Black Lives Matter
• Manuel Ellis Mother
• Vie Music on Soundcloud
• Vie Music Station on Youtube
• [00:00:00] Future is Coming Intro (song by Pashupa)
• [00:04:25] Kumbhaka Recap
• [00:09:24] Karma and Bhakti
• [00:12:58] Corporate Life
• [00:22:04] Into the Realms of Yoga
• [00:25:15] All About the Psoas
• [00:30:14] MOVEON
• [00:38:51] On the road again
• [00:41:08] Lucas, KS
• [00:42:44] Simulation Song
• [00:46:33] Louisville, KY
• [00:50:28] George Floyd
• [00:58:36] Pranayama
• [01:01:47] Election Redirection
• [01:03:28] Insurrection Blues
• [01:04:58] Syracuse, New York
• [01:08:35] Beyond Partisan
• [01:13:49] Buddhists and Yogins United
• [01:19:03] Bhakti gets us out of bed, Karma gets us on the train.
• [01:21:47] Florence, MA
• [01:23:23] Active Peace Yoga
• [01:25:30] The Future is Wide Open